Monday, May 12, 2008

A Complicated Joy

Yes, I am stealing the title of the sermon on Mother's Day as my blog post title. It could not be any more fittingly appropriate in describing what motherhood is. From the whole 'trying' to get pregnant part to 10 fun-filled months of growing to the size of a small SUV. From sobbing when your baby is born to crying because you have never seen something you could love so immediately and furiously. From not having a clue how to feed your baby to knowing exactly what makes them stop crying. From watching them swing in their baby swing, wondering when will this child walk (?) to seeing them run a complete mile when they are just a toddler. From wondering what their voice will sound like to answering the 78th question on a 2 hour drive.
David Daniels really nailed it on the head when he talked about how motherhood is like a beautiful cactus blossom. Though it is beautiful, there are still barbs. There will always be pleasure and pain with the pendulum swinging back and forth throughout our lives. If you would like to view the sermon, here is the link: http://www.pantego.org/ .
Though I have said it before, I would never change a thing. I am SO utterly and completely thankful for my children and the experiences that have come my way in the last 7 years. May God continue to bless me on my quest to be a good mother to the children He has entrusted to me.

1 comment:

maryeh34 said...

I pray that God continues to bless you, but I also hope you know what a blessing YOU ARE to your children, your husband and others (like ME)!