Saturday, March 22, 2008

My Friend Marcie

I just have to write about Marcie because I love her so much. We have been friends since we cheered in college together (go UTA Mavericks!). We met at tryouts in 1992. She was the most awesome dancer and she could tumble, stunt, you name it! Pretty impressive for someone so tall (5'9" I'm guessing). In 1994 she was diagnosed with ALS (Lou Gehrig's disease) and had to quit cheering. She graduated with me in May of that year and did not slow down. Even though the disease was having it's way with her, she had 3 different jobs, drove a modified car and persevered beyond what any of us could imagine. This is someone who loves our Lord and has not lost her faith or her hope. I am but a baby in Christ compared to her spiritual maturity. Though she is in a wheelchair now, she has written a book, created a scrapbook, still does Beth Moore bible studies, prays unceasingly and perpetually influences other with her strength and conviction. I love Marcie. I am a better person because of her.

No comments: