Monday, March 24, 2008

My Three Balls of Energy


I really did not fully know what someone meant when they said, "If only you could bottle that energy..." No kidding. My children are never-ending in their energy, enthusiasm and excitedness. I have always thought that I had a lot of energy...not compared to the three children I birthed. It is so funny to see their enthusiasm play out so physically. For instance, if I say, "Yes, we can go get a slurpee." They are jumping up and down, singing the slurpee song, high-fiving one another, hopping on one foot and doing the slurpee dance that only they know. Now, what if an adult let that kind of excitement flow out of them? What if John was sitting at his desk and his secretary came in and said, "John, I got a continuance on that trial set for next week." What if he jumped up, clapped his hands together and yelled, "SWEET BABY! Atta girl!!!" Yea, it would probably make her run away and quit her job. I really should think about bottling that energy...

No comments: