Monday, March 31, 2008

My Kids in Pictures

OK, so I'm a freak when it comes to pictures. I. LOVE. PICTURES. I love to take pictures, give pictures to others, receive pictures, and take more pictures. My children will probably have to have therapy someday because of the ever-ready camera that is most always near to capture the never-to-be-forgotten moment. It is humorous that I have a small, digital camera, John has a whackazumma (yes, that is an official word) SLR camera and even Cooper has a Fisher-Price digital camera. (Natalie and Luke have toy camera phones so they do not feel left out of the picture-taking business.) Cooper will even pose us when he is trying to take a picture of us... I wonder who he gets that from??? I don't think I will ever regret taking so many pictures; they are just so fun to look at later on! OK, even as I am reading this I realize how ridiculous I sound.

Oh, and before you ask, yes, I do something with the pictures. I do not scrapbook. I put picture in books and identify every person and location in the pictures, but I do not scrapbook. It's just not possible for me. Each kid gets a book, each year with 200 pictures from that year in it. Then I also make a 'Family and Friends' book that consists of pictures of our family, friends and events that the kids do not go to (Margarita Ball, Las Vegas trips, Mary's parties, ELE parties, Girls' Night Out, etc.). That way when they decide they would like their 'picture books', I will not be left pictureless... as if.

1 comment:

maryeh34 said...

Ummmm... I don't think anyone that knows you, or is in a 3 mile radius when you whip out your camera, will be left pictureless. :-) Having personally been "attacked by the paparazzi" at your home (consisting of you, John AND Cooper at the same time), I have to say that I feel like a celebrity :-) and I am truly blessed by it as well! Blessed to be a part of the memories and blessed by you sharing them!