Thursday, April 17, 2008

Laundry: A New Strategy

Laundry. A necessary evil, but not something I can say I enjoy. My previous 'strategy' with it included letting it all pile up until Saturday, or really, Sunday. Then, I would load clothes, switch clothes, pile clothes, hang clothes, fold clothes and throw clothes back into the basket Sunday night because I could not stand to fold one more item. That led to a lot of frustration, especially when I wanted to take an afternoon nap, nestled in between 4 loads of clothes. So now, a new strategy has emerged. The new strategy: constant washing. I do 1-2 loads a day, that way I'm not cramming 18 towels into one load and 47 socks in another load (a privilege to match up when I'm feeling lucky). So far this week, I have kept up with all the stinky, sandy, smelly variations of cotton: all our whites are completely washed, the kids' hamper is empty, all 6 twin sheet sets are clean and John has enough boxers to last until Memorial Day. Plus, this weekend I won't have to feel guilty about sneaking under the covers for a few mid-day hours rest. As if I would anyway. :>)

2 comments:

maryeh34 said...

Hey, we are all happy John has clean boxers to wear :-) I can actually feel your pain on this, a tiny bit. It seems that whenever any of my nephews have stayed with me that all they did was generate laundry. I was always amazed at how much there was to do. I think your current plan is a good one.

Welcome To My Loud Life said...

No kidding, Mary! I'm not even to stinky laundry yet!! (The general rule for John's clothes are: if they are on the floor-they are dirty. They will not be sniffed under any circumstances to determine wash status.)