Thursday, April 3, 2008

My Life After Children...

How am I different after having children? Forget the physical stuff- I am not even going to address that right now.
I will start with simple things, like driving. Now, when I drive in the car, I mean the 4 ton SUV, when the kiddos are in the car, I am listening to Veggie Tales worship songs and Hermie & Wormie scripture memory songs. When they are not in the car, I am listening to .... SILENCE. Why? Because I never, ever hear silence when my children are in the car!
How about going to the restroom? When I have all 3 with me, I am trying to balance while I 'go' , hold one from running/ crawling away, zipping up someone's zipper and begging the other one not to open the door until I am done. When they are not with me? I sit for hours... really at least an extra minute or two than I have to. (That is one place John will not bother me or ask when I will be done.)
How about workouts? I never miss a workout, because we have the most awesome Kids Club workers (Alicia, Christine, Katie and Tameka) at my gym. My kids love to go there! They love to go there, I love to go there and I am a whole lot less stressed when I leave. And when I don't have my kids with me at the gym? Well, I get on the stairmonster 6.2 minutes faster because I don't have to check them in, take the 2 year old potty, hug/hug/kiss/kiss times 3 and then get going with my workout.

Other than that, everything is just the same... I wouldn't change it for the world. :>)

No comments: