Sunday, June 22, 2008

Laundry - The Ongoing Saga


I have written a previous post - Laundry: A New Strategy about how I have conquered laundry and all was going to go perfect with the new process of doing laundry. Well, all is NOT perfect, never will be perfect, and I feel like I should just give up on thinking I will ever have all the dirty clothes hampers empty for any length of time.

Here's some of the issues that make laundry so fun:

*John likes the whites to be bleached. OK. However, I have learned, through experience, not to bleach the towels that I take to the gym to wipe my sweat. Bleach + Sweat = Super stink SO, that means I have to sub sort the whites into bleach-able and non-bleach-able.

*John does not like his t-shirts to be thrown in the dryer. I can respect that because I do not like my workout shorts or sports tops to go in the dryer either. Therefore, I have to sub sort the colors into dry-able and hang-up-only. (Then I have to actually hang up those clothes under a fan for minimum 12 hours)

*The kids' hamper ends up so full, it makes 2-3 loads in less than a week! (Lights or darks are about as sub sort as those get.)

*Also, there are 4 beds of sheets to wash each week as well. Not a big deal, just 2 more loads to work into the mix...

*Now that it is summer, I am washing towels and bathing suits every day, because we swim every day, if not twice a day. (I do not like chlorine to sit in either of those items) We take 3-4 towels to the pool each time and wear 5-8 bathing suits a day. I know a bit extreme, but all in the name of fun for the summer, right?


No comments: