Thursday, June 19, 2008

What Can Happen in a Minute?

What can happen in a minute? OK, if we were being honest here, really more than a few minutes, you know, just long enough to blow dry your hair, or put on your clothes or change the laundry from the washer to the dryer. No more than a few minutes, huh?
Back to the question, what could happen in that brief span of time? Let me list the things that can occur if you have a curious 2 year old, clever 4 year old and dominating 5 year old:

*a child could decide that they are going to make egg whites; all by himself. Open the refrigerator, get an egg out, get a pan out, crack the egg on the pan, FREAK out and throw as much of the shell and what is left into the pan, then run to the hallway, take off the shirt with egg all over it, put on a PJ top (who'd notice in the middle of the day?) and casually walk into my room as if nothing happened. Here's what I found along with the refrigerator door still open and egg yolk ALL down the dishwasher and pooled on the floor. I must say I am impressed that he did get the egg white in the pan and the yolk... well, not in the pan. (LUKE)

*someone could decide that they are going to play 'dress up' and dress the 2 year old (boy) in a velvet top and velvet skirt. (John really frowns on this.) (Cooper and Natalie)

*a child could decide that he needs to get naked right now and strip his clothes off and get back to sitting down as if nothing ever happened. The fun part is trying to find where he put his clothes... (Luke)

*someone could decide that they would scrub the carpet with toothpaste to get it clean... yes, the toothpaste is still there and it is still not clean. (Cooper and Natalie)

*a child could decide to wash the pen marks (that he put there) off of his legs by getting up into the sink and flooding the whole bathroom. (LUKE)

*a child could decide that they are going to 'wash' their dolls' hair, body and clothes in the bathroom sink. (Natalie) (Anytime my children use water without supervision=trouble.)

*a child could decide to unroll a whole roll of toilet paper into the toilet because 'it just kept rolling, mommy!' (Luke)

*a child could decide that what she is wearing is NOT her favorite outfit and go change in 14 seconds flat and be back sitting down, leaving me to wonder if I just thought she had a dress on earlier or if she has been wearing capris all along. (Natalie)

*a child could decide that they are going to eat the Nestle Quik (powder) straight out of the container with a spoon. And that this should take place underneath the dining room table. (Luke)

These are all things that when I see the end result, I think:

How in the world did they manage to do that so fast?





4 comments:

maryeh34 said...

OMG... This made me laugh until I cried. It's really quite scary, but since I have experienced some of this myself, with your quick children, I know it's all true!

Welcome To My Loud Life said...

I thought you would like this one! And I didn't even mention the one about you losing Luke after a bath! HE,he,he!!

maryeh34 said...

Ummmm... I'm thinking you just did. And he wasn't "lost." I mean, he was in the house, and I could hear him yelling "nakedness" as he ran throughout. I just couldn't pin point his exact location for a few seconds. And we wonder why they love it when I babysit... :-)

Welcome To My Loud Life said...

They love it when you babysit because they get to try out new 'behaviors' on you! (like the ranch/ketchup face smear trick Luke pulled.) WE love it when you babysit becuase we are gauranteed a belly laugh when we get home and hear about all the fun you had...