Sunday, June 29, 2008

Somedays are a Decathlon

OK, not everyday is a decathlon. Just most days. Some days I am am gung ho, ready to start the 10 event race; while other days, I feel like I am last out of the blocks. In my everyday, the 10 events could involve: numerous car trips, temper tantrums, time-outs, birthday parties, grocery store torture. It all becomes a blur. I know that this is a season of life that will morph into another sort of race... I just need to sit back and appreciate the journey instead of looking for the finish line.

On another note, well-meaning individuals sometimes say, "Oh, enjoy it while they are young, it passes by so quickly." (Usually after one or all the children have presented an incredibly embarrassing behavior.) I try to smile through my gritted teeth and thank them. In reality, I wonder, "how in the world I am going to make it through today???"

No comments: