Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy July 4th!!!

I love July 4th and all it represents. I love freedom & celebration. Call it my patriotism, love of red, white and blue or serving this country for 8 years, I LOVE the 4th of July!
Mary invited us to the Fourth of July Parade in 'downtown'. Greg (our home group leader) secured all of us a shaded spot in some prime parade real estate by getting there with 14 chairs at 3am this morning. The parade was great! I was in that parade when I cheered for UT Arlington, but it is different when you are sitting with a 5 year old who has never seen a parade in person.
Of all the 146 entries we saw, here are the most memorable:
lots of John Deere tractors, a hybrid Escalade, only 1 VW bug, motorcycles, a gaggle of unicycles, some horse poop (followed immediately by the street cleaner), a gang of miniature motorcycles with Elvis(s), 5 teams of cheerleaders and marching bands, a few policemen, lots of flag corps with servicemen and women, a bunch of old cars that were very shiny and polished. I only took 55 pictures, so I think I will make Cooper a book, so he can remember how much fun he had. Here are some highlights:


Wheelie-poppin' Elvis!









Gotta love Trader's Village humor!

A flag made out of recycled products (someone drank a lot of Diet Dr. Pepper)

No comments: