Thursday, July 24, 2008

Watermelon Swim Thursday

We swam twice today, because what would Thursday be without Swim Thursday at Ms. Mary's? I brought a colossal watermelon that was a big hit across all the age groups. Some of the kids even wanted to eat their watermelon in the pool...why? Does it taste better if you are surrounded by water? Even the 18 month old was eating the watermelon, now that is "stinkin' cute"! Also, as a change in dinner preparation, we veered away from the traditional hot dogs and hamburgers and had some good ole grilled chicken. Wow, was the chicken good! I put mine on top of the yummy salad that Jamie made and it was great!

2 comments:

maryeh34 said...

It was a great Swim Thursday!! And that colossal watermelon was gone quick!! I think all the fruit (watermelon, pineapple, grapes, and cantaloupe) got eaten pretty fast. It was a good healthy dinner!! Thanks for always taking pictures so everyone can enjoy them. You ROCK!

Kirsten Foti said...

Hey, I take pictures, too!

It was a fantastic swim Thursday. I don't even like watermelon that much, and I still ate it!