Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Our Home Group

I have been a part of this home group for a year and a half. We have such a great mix of folks. We have an abundance of children (upwards of 14 children under the age of 10) which means there is lots of laughing and playing every Tuesday. My kids will clean up their room, have good behavior and give up swimming just to get to go to home group.

Today we did a get-to-know-you-more session and it is enlightening to hear each person talk for a few minutes about what is happening in their life, what their struggles are, and how we can pray for each other. There is just something about listening to each person speak and hearing what they have to say. And then also the flip side: being able to speak, knowing that you are being heard and that a group of people and care about what you are saying. This is a wonderful collection of people that truly live out the 'community' aspect of what being a believer in Christ is all about.

FYI: There are other families that are a part of our home group (with more kids).
Lots of fun on the trampoline!

2 comments:

maryeh34 said...

I am soooooo glad you're a part of the same home group I'm in. It makes me happy to see you and the kids (and John) each week, when we are there together. Okay, I know I have been MIA the last few weeks, but as soon as my home project is done I'll be back in full swing as usual. Love you guys!!

Welcome To My Loud Life said...

I'm glad you recruited me, Mary! It is refreshing knowing I get to see you at least once during the week. (Swim Thusrsday is a bonus and Sunday is a given!)