Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Luke-talk

Here are some of the things that Luke says that are so funny. Especially knowing that in 6 months or so, he probably will not be speaking like this. He has a hard time with the "S" sound, so there is a lot of 'th' where there might usually be an 's'. He tries so hard to talk as much as Cooper and Natalie, but they are in a league of their own right now...

  • After giving him some yucky medicine: "I not like that, Da-dee!"
  • On being sick and discussing a trip to the pediatrician: "I OK, I not need to go. I OK, Mom-ee!"

  • After we get to the pediatrician: "I like dot-dot Raine. Me not need th-ot."
  • On finding a mess on the floor that he obviously made: "I not know why methhh. I not know why!"
  • When asked if he needs to go potty: "I did went!"
  • On swimming: "I like th-wim! I like th-wim and th-lide!"
  • On the subject of going to bed: "I not want to!"

  • When Mary comes over: "I go wit you Mi Ma-ee? I go your hou-th and th-ee Scout? I like Scout! I go wit you!"
  • First thing when he wakes up in the morning: "Chlauc-mil please! Chlauc-mil please!"
  • Tattling on Natalie: "Lat-o-lee th-uck her thumb!"
  • Right after crying: "Cooper did hit me! I tell him no!"

  • After making me upset: "I th-orry Mom-ee! I give you ki-th. I make you happy???"










1 comment:

maryeh34 said...

We really got to let Luke come with me some time. After all, he "be nice..." :-)