Monday, August 18, 2008

Build-A-Bear

I wanted to take Cooper and Natalie to NRH2O today as a reward for doing so good with their reward charts. This was going to be their first 'purchase' with their tokens that they have been so diligently earning with the reward charts. Cooper earned a trip to NRH2O and wanted to invite Natalie along. I thought that was pretty sweet...until I heard him negotiating a trip to Build-a-Bear that he would get to be party to. Then it clicked. He is so sneaky I almost miss it sometimes.
Since it was pouring today, the water park was out. (What a relief!) I already had a babysitter lined up, so I decided to let Natalie redeem her tokens for a trip to Build-a-bear workshop. We ran through the rain and proceeded to spend 45 minutes in that fun store.
I felt like I spent a majority of the time saying:
"No. We are not getting that."
"No, if you want that, then put back the guitar."
"OK, if you want the PJs, you cannot have the rock star shirt."
I usually let them get one accessory and that is it. You could drop $100 easily if you were not paying attention to all the cutesy little things they put in reach of a 3 foot child. We bought 2 build-a-bears, some jeans for Natalie's bunny and a beating heart for Cooper's pony. With my coupon, I got out of there for less than $50. Ha! I felt like I beat the system...
Drum roll please!
Meet Natalie's Molly the Bunny
& Cooper's Tony the Pony.
(Luke is just holding a random dragon so he felt like he was participating in the fun. He stayed home with Meghan.)

1 comment:

Kirsten Foti said...

I forced us to stay out of there all weekend. I knew I would be too tempted to buy, buy, buy!