Monday, August 25, 2008

First Day of Kindergarten


I feel like I have finally reached a milestone. Cooper started kindergarten today. As if I did not feel like an adult before, I sure do now.
Cooper was a little nervous this morning. Scratch that, he was a LOT nervous. We arrived ridiculously early, so we had to sit and wait and wait and wait. Cooper went from sitting quietly (a rarity), to playing with a bug, to repeating, "Take me home. I want to go home. Take me home." Thank goodness they came to get the kindergartners soon after that and we got to walk him to his class. Once he was in there, he was perfectly fine. No tears from him, no tears from me (and no tears from John, just in case you were wondering). I stayed at the school until lunch and helped out with all the little ones opening their packages of chips, lunchables, juiceboxes, milks, ketchup, etc. They are so little, yet so grown-up at the same time. . .



Overall, I think Cooper is going to excel in his kindergarten career!

1 comment:

Kirsten Foti said...

Wait until he gets to high school and see how you feel!