Thursday, August 28, 2008

Playdate

Natalie got to have a playdate with her friend Gracie today. (Cooper was incredibly jealous, because he would much rather attend a playdate than go to kindergarten.) I guess I kind of understand.
I think it is good for Natalie to have special times to play with girls and do girl things. She is surrounded by these boys who are so dominating when it comes to play. She is a pleaser (for the most part), so she usually will play whatever game they are suggesting. Even when they play dressup, she is just as likely to be a superhero as a princess. She is girly-girl, but I think she could have a little tomboy tendency eventually. I was quite the tomboy type until junior high. I think it serves well to build not only athletic skills, but also self-confidence and self-esteem. Only time will tell for Natalie. For now, to encourage her sports interest, we have enrolled her in another season of soccer. Hopefully, she will enjoy it as much as she did her last season with Coach Tony. We love Coach Tony!!

No comments: