Friday, August 8, 2008

Cooper's Last Storytime

It sounds so somber. Cooper's last story time. I guess once you start kindergarten, it is not 'cool' to go to story times anymore. At least I'll have another year or two to take Natalie and Luke. Just when Cooper started to know all the answers to Ms. Anna's questions, he is all done with the story times. Oh well, I just need to coach Natalie a little better with the answers about baseball, batting, positions, plays, etc.
One interesting thing happened at story time. Ms. Anna asked where does the pitcher throw the baseball? Cooper answered with an expected, "home base, to the batter." However, another child, only 4 years old mind you, said: "unless he is doing a pick-off, in which he throws to first base." Alrighty then!
I looked at his mom and she was extremely pleased with his precocious answer. (As I would have if one of mine would have said it.)

We went up to the learning center and since there were not a lot of people, I let Natalie go over to the dry erase boards while I helped Cooper with the video quiz questions. I thought I would check on her after a few minutes and this is what I found:

There is all this space that they are allowed to write on the walls, and she chooses to write on the part that has the big neon sign demanding a child refrain from writing on the wall. Oh well, I'm sure it is not the first time...

No comments: