Sunday, August 24, 2008

He Caught it, Cleaned it AND Cooked it

I am referencing my husband (and his superior culinary abilities) and the salmon that we had for dinner tonight. He invited Mother and Calvin over for dinner and served up the salmon that he caught in Alaska last month. There is just nothing more tasty than that salmon that he caught himself, cleaned it that day, and brought home instead of his luggage. He filled our freezer with over 100 pounds of various fish that are indigent to Alaska. (Is it too obvious that I don't know all the names of the types of fish he brought back?) Not only is he a high caliber fisherman, he knows how to prepare the fish! He seasons it, rubs on a raspberry chipotle, mango or something else equally marvelous, then grills it to perfection. It that makes you want to question how you could ever order it from a restaurant again...
As a side note, Gram and Grandad took Natalie home to spend the night so I could have an easier morning tomorrow (first day of school!!!) I am a little nervous for Cooper, but VERY excited for me!

1 comment:

Kirsten Foti said...

Um...You could have made sushi!