Sunday, August 17, 2008

Qyn - The Inside Dog

We have officially moved Qyn inside. He has been outside, in the kennel, with Tar, for the last 4 years. Around the time we got Bubba, we also brought Natalie home from the hospital, and Qyn went outside to accompany Tar. However, in July, Grandmother's dog, Hank, died. We thought she might like to have Bubba. Well, we gave Bubba to her when we went to Steamboat. I didn't think I would miss him so much, but I have. I decided that I wanted Qyn inside the house again, but John wanted to put the move off until this weekend. Once we got a dog bed at Costco and Qyn is an inside dog again.
It has been a little exciting for him and the kids because it is such a novelty for him to be in the house. Luke talks to him like he is another sibling: "Hi Qyn! Want to see my pockets on my new jacket? Like 'em? Huh?" (As if Qyn is going to speak right up to tell him how nice his pockets are!) Natalie was running around holding her nose because Qyn smelled like wet dog. (He actually was, John bathed and brushed him before he brought him in.) And Cooper was directing him to: sit down, lay down, shake, other paw, get on your bed, Qyn! Very quaint to see them so interested in having this big ole dog in the house. Now he is peacefully sleeping in our room....zzzz....

No comments: