Friday, August 29, 2008

Luke's First Date

Luke and I got to have our first "date" today. Luke and I went to Chick-Fil-A (big surprise) for our lunch date. I would love to say that it was perfect and wonderful, but not really. He was a little rambunctious as we were ordering (quite usual), but I thought he would calm down as we were eating. Halfway through eating, he is jumping in the booth seat and I ask him if he has to go to the bathroom. No, mommy! This is the point where I should have listened to my motherly instincts and just took him. Seriously, I know the dance he does and I know that it means I have less than 3 minutes to get him to a potty. However, I wasn't listening to my instincts and all of a sudden he screams, "I GOT TO GO POTTY NOW!" Yep, you guessed it. Too late. I grabbed him and he made a nice trail of pee dots all the way to the women's bathroom. No worries, though, by the time we got there, he had nothing left for the potty. I was mortified walking back through the restaurant, but happy that I had been able to talk him into wearing blue jean shorts today. It wasn't too obvious that his shorts were saturated. I gathered up all the trash and we were out of there in 30 seconds flat. He was upset about not getting to eat his fruit, but I wasn't in the mood to be empathetic about it. I was too worried about how to put him in his carseat without getting pee stains all over it. The real kicker? No pictures from our date...

Here are some cute ones from when they were playing at the park with Abby:






No comments: