Saturday, August 2, 2008

We're Heading to Texas!

This is what Natalie proclaimed to a gentleman on the Hertz bus that took us to the terminal at the Denver airport. I think she was just a little excited to get home to her Hello Kitty, her bed, her stuffed animals, etc. She had a lot of fun at Grandmother's, but was ready to come home.

We had a quick 3 hour drive back to Denver with only 1 stop and that was only to switch seats around. We got to the rental return place with plenty of time to spare, thank goodness, because it took us forever to unload and repack everything. We loaded up a cart and wheeled it to the bus. I love it when people like their job. The man who loaded all our stuff onto that bus was so nice. He didn't mind picking up and arranging a cargo bag of car seats, one car seat base, 2 suitcases, 5 backpacks and a soft sided cooler. He did not complain and actually helped the kids get on as well. You just gotta love that!

I was gifted on the plane ride home. Luke fell asleep on the takeoff and slept the entire flight until we pulled up to the gate in Dallas. I never would have put money on a bet that he would sleep on the plane. That's a bet I'd love to lose every time we fly...

1 comment:

denisepederson said...

Your blog is a hoot April! I love it! It is so true to life. Now I know where to go when I need a laugh for a pick me up. I can still remember where you are coming from but I am glad I'm not there now. Just wait till they all hit the teens so enjoy it now!