Friday, August 1, 2008

Hiking 101

We took off to conquer Fish Creek Falls. OK, not really conquer, maybe just try it out. We went in the evening, so it was nice and cool for the up and down of the trails. The kids were the most excited about seeing a chipmunk (or maybe it was a ground squirrel). We saw 3 different ones, so Cooper automatically named them Alvin, Simon and Theodore. One of them was just sitting there holding a tiny pieces of grass or reed and nibbling on it as if it were an ear of corn.

The other point of interest among the children was the Camelback that I brought. I know better than to bring 1 of something. I know that I always need to bring 3 of anything and everything, thus fights ensue. Sure enough, both boys wanted to wear the backpack with water and fancy straw and were not afraid to shed tears over it. I obviously have not done a good job training these boys in the art of sharing. No, we definitely need to work on that...

No comments: