Monday, September 29, 2008

Baby Lion Cubs and Other Zoo Characters

I heard that there were some lion cubs at the zoo, so I had to get there as fast as I could! I took Luke and Natalie and met my friend Jamie up there so we could investigate this rumor of some darling lion cubs.




The lions are not the only animal procreating at the zoo! WOW! There are young animals everywhere! The monkeys had some little ones, the giraffes had 3 adolescents, the tigers had 2 cubs and the lions had 4 baby cubs. They are so cute! Kind of hard to see in the picture, but they were either walking around to find their momma cat or just sleeping on each other.
The last time the zoo had lion cubs, was around the spring of 2004. As a family, we went to check out the new cubs...along with every photographer in the county! We were all standing there watching the triplet kitties frolic around when all of a sudden, the mom cat ROARED and lunged at us. She was all sorts of mad at all the flashes and attention I guess. I was ready to depart, because I do not like to be scared. Even if there is a 50 footditch in between me and a very angry 300 lb. mother lion!
Nice COMB OVER, Mr. WARTHOG!!!

No comments: