Sunday, September 21, 2008

My Mother-In-Law's Talent

Amongst many other titles, my mom-in-law is an phenomenal artist. Her father was an artist and she definitely inherited that gift. She produces 8-10 paintings a year, from her studio. Some are commissions, some are special requests, some are for her church and some she gives as gifts. For Christmas, I received this one of Natalie: This painting is actually of the first day that John and I started dating. May 1, 1999. When she painted it, she had no idea what significance that day held. We had been training for a triathlon and had decided not to date until we were done with the training. A friend of John's snapped this picture after we finished the race. It had been sitting on the mantle ever since. When she sent the painting to us I could not believe that she had captured our beginning as a couple.

Oh yeah, and she even has a website: www.VGNStudio.com where you can check out all that beautiful portraits that she has painted!

1 comment:

da momma said...

oh i love that picture!! Do I know the "Friend" of John's :) Shes an amazing! What would she charge??