Monday, September 8, 2008

Hats Off to the Community

This is the theme of our Junior League this year. Guess what we all were instructed, I mean, encouraged to wear to the kickoff meeting tonight? Yes, a hat. (No ball caps, please requested the president.) Problem #1: I did not have a hat. Problem #2: I did not want to buy a hat. I also didn't want to wait until the last minute, so I e-mailed Mary at 10pm last night soliciting a hat. She said that she had a cowboy one. Well, I didn't want to have to 'dress' like a cowboy. After soliciting a few more friends, it became apparent that I would go hatless or wear a cowboy hat. I ended up getting Laura's cowboy hat from Mexico (that we spent hours and hours trying to find the perfect one). I did wear some cowgirl boots with a brown skirt. Yee-HAW! I didn't win the prize for the cutest hat, but I can show you who did...

1 comment:

maryeh34 said...

Hey thanks to you and John for buying me the winning hat :-) BTW, your hat was pretty darn cute... or maybe you were pretty darn cute in your hat...