Saturday, September 27, 2008

Goal!








Cooper started soccer this season and today was his 2nd game. John and I have to divide and conquer when it comes to the scheduling of all these games and activities. I went to Natalie's game last week, and John went to Cooper's game. This week, John took Natalie and I got to see Cooper play. It is a rarity that we ever get to show up to a game together.
Cooper played goalie in the first quarter. Not one goal passed him! Not many were shot, but that is insignificant. The second quarter he was a forward and that is the position he needs to be playing! He was all over the field. There are 3 boys on his team that 'get it'. Cooper and 2 others can dribble, turn the ball around and shoot the goal. All the other boys are just trying to figure things out, like which way the goal is, how to kick AND run, how to get up from falling and not cry. You know, minor things! They are all so preciously cute in how they play you cannot help but cheer for every one of them!


The third quarter, Cooper played defender. That means he stands a little in front of the goalie and does nothing. Really, he only kicked the ball once the whole quarter! After that, the coach put him back in at forward. He was dribbling down the field (he is FAST!) and came in at an angle and kicked it right in. WHOO-HOO!! My son scored a goal!!! I'm doing the victory dance for him on the sideline and he looks at me like, " Did you see that? How about me?!?" I was thrilled that he scored a goal! He played good after that, but I could tell he was getting tired. It was at least 112 degrees outside today and those poor boys were getting so wore out! By the 4th quarter, all the little boys were barely walking fast and everyone had lost their aggressiveness. I was ready for the last quarter to be over so I could hug my awesome soccer boy!!!

Right after scoring the goal!

No comments: