Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Pictures for Cooper

Cooper turns 6 soon, so I headed in to have his 6 year old pictures taken. It is amazing how different he reacts to different photographers. The first girl was definitely an amateur. Today must have been her first day on the job. I guess after sitting through countless photo sessions in the past 6 years, I feel like can tell the difference between someone who knows how to communicate with a 6 year old vs. a 2 year old. This girl didn't have that figured out just yet. Therefore Cooper was giving her this goofy, silly, ridiculous grin that is not really all that cute. The manager stepped in after a few minutes and Cooper's all-American smile came out. He gave her the best natural smiles! He is so photogenic (when he wants to be) and he did a great job today.

Since I had all three at the picture place, I went ahead and did a group shot. These are probably going to get fewer and further between, but I figure if I have all three in the same room, I should get them all taken together. What you see in the picture was really pretty easy to get. It is the after-the-picture time that the kids start to lose all their good behavior ability. After 45 minutes of waiting, looking at proofs and ordering, they are fresh out of cooperation. Sometimes, I just have to cut my losses and be all done for the benefit of all within earshot of Natalie's latest fit. I cannot stand being that mother that has a screaming child, or two, or three...


No comments: