Monday, September 22, 2008

Luke's Doctor Visit

I took Luke in for his well-child checkup today. He did so good! He let the nurse look in his ears, take his blood pressure and take his temperature. This may seem like a minor accomplishment, but the other two children would not let the nurse, or Dr. Raine for that matter, measure these vital signs when they were 3 years old. Luke just sat there like a big boy and watched curiously. He answered their questions and exceeded in the looking cute department. It was one of the shorter durations that I have ever spent in that office. We were in and out within an hour. (I have sat in the waiting room over 2 hours before even getting in a room to wait some more.) NICE!


Luke was at the 75th %ile for height and weight. He weighed in right at 34.25 lbs. and measured 38.5 inches for his height. Dr. Raine reaffirmed that yes, he would indeed be much taller than Cooper in years to come. He says that every time, along with the tag line: "It will start wars between them!" Gee,thanks. Like I have not had enough warnings about the adolescent years, on top of that I get to worry about the boys fighting for dominance. For now I need to take it one day at a time, one stage at a time, one battle at a time. If I think too far into the future, I get overwhelmed and that gets me nowhere...

1 comment:

da momma said...

We LOVE DR Raine too!!!! :)