Friday, September 26, 2008

Recycle IT!

We love to recycle! We recycle more than we throw away. The kids love to recycle, throw things in the bins out in the garage or the special trashcan that holds our indoor recycles. Currently we have 5 bins that we fill up once a week. We still have a trash bag or two, but it really is minimal.
I love to recycle. Even before recycling was 'cool', I loved to take my cans to the collection point when I lived in Huntsville for grad school. When I lived in an apartment there was no where to recycle and that really bummed me out! I could not wait to own a house, so I could have recycles picked up from my curb. In the city that we live in, we can throw all the recyclables in the same bin, mixing them. I like to think when I accidentally throw the wrong thing in one of the bins, that I am preserving some one's job...

1 comment:

Kirsten Foti said...

You have more recycling than I do! Oh, but you have a bigger family. I usually have three buckets full.