Saturday, September 27, 2008

Tim Hawkins Show

Mary invited me and John to a comedy show 2 months ago. Since we have discontinued using the babysitter that cannot put our children to sleep and my mom is out of town, we were kind of fresh out of possibilities for being able to go. John, graciously, told me that I could go and he would stay home with the kiddos. Quite an undertaking after the crazy, hectic day we had between soccer games, a birthday party and me being in a leadership training course.

Mary came to pick me up and we went to eat at Mijo's. What a great little place to eat Mexican food! They do not really have a good system for dispersing the food, but aside from that it was really good. (Especially the queso!) After an hour or so there, we headed to the Metrocenter for the show.

We were promised that our abs would hurt and we may even bruise our spleen laughing at this guy. Let me tell you, they were right! Not only did my abs hurt, but my head was pounding and my jaw hurt from laughing. I have not laughed that hard in a long time. I think my hair even hurts from laughing...just kidding. At one point, he said, "I'm not a rock star. There is nothing different between me and you. Except I have a microphone. . . . And talent." OK, maybe it is all in the delivery, but this guy was simply hilarious.
On GodTube.com, he has had over 1 million hits and is the most highly requested name. Also, here's a link to his website: http://www.timhawkins.net/index.php. I would highly recommend watching "Cletus take the wheel" and "Homeschool Family". You might just bruise your spleen laughing so hard!

1 comment:

maryeh34 said...

Dang, you got some good lookin' friends. And how lucky are those two guys surrounded by all those women... :-) I'm glad you went. We had an excellent time!