Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Mother's Day Out

Natalie and Luke started Mother's Day Out today. Wow! I love the place where they go to pre-k. We have been going here since Fall 2003. The teachers are so awesome and I adore the director, Ms. Kathy. The kids will be going 3 days a week this year vs. the 2 day/week program that it has traditionally been. This is great for me, that way I can get most of my work done leaving Monday and Friday to take the little ones to do fun things.

Natalie has Ms. Darcy this year. Yes, I stood in line ridiculously early one Thursday last spring to secure Natalie a spot in Ms. Darcy's class. In fact there were 9 parents in line an hour before pre-k registration started to get their child in Ms. Darcy's class. (no one camped out, thank goodness!) She is one popular teacher! Cooper simply adored her last year and I am thrilled that Natalie gets a year with her.



Luke has Ms. Brenda and he seems pretty excited about that. He is not as verbal as Natalie so it's not like he is going to give me a soliloquy about how much he likes Ms. Brenda. However, he remembered where to sit and she said he did really good today. I'm just happy that he took a nap for her. Not bad for the first day!!!

No comments: