Saturday, September 13, 2008

The Magic of Sleep

I just woke up from a 3 1/2 hour nap. I love Saturday naps. I love Sunday naps. I love any day that ends in 'y' naps. Naps are not just for the little ones who need to decompress, relax, and recharge, they are for those of us who cannot get enough sleep on a regular basis.

Last night I went to sleep with Natalie (at 8:15!) and slept until Luke roared me awake at 8 am this morning. Nice! I love getting that much sleep. Sleep is medicinal for me. I can get over an illness a lot faster with a lot of sleep. I can be less crabby if I can catch an hour nap during a particular busy week. I. Love. Sleep. Sometimes I sacrifice my sleep to get things done that I just don't have enough time for during a hectic day. But in reality, I need those 8 hours that my doctor says I do.

1 comment:

Kirsten Foti said...

I love naps, too! If I sleep for more than an hour, though, I am completely disoriented.