Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Adventure Walks

I love to take the kids on adventure walks. What exactly is an adventure walk? It is an opportunity for the children to see different things, breathe in good clean air and best of all, burn off some energy! This is a necessity some nights (or days). As my good friend Mary puts it, there are two goals to every day with kids: tire them out for nap and tire them out for night-night. Exactly! And if I have not adequately exercised their little bodies, then by all means, we need to get out there and use up all the stored energy before trying to get them all to sleep.

Tonight we headed out after dinner. It was going great, until.... the whiners joined us. I have a rule about the whiners: they are not allowed on adventure walks! I do not know what house they came from, they just showed up and took over all three kids after about a mile. At that point, it is a mile to get back home, there is no shortcut. So I had the joy of listening to Luke whine-cry, Natalie murmur about how much further and Cooper all outraged because I run faster than he does. Wow! So much for a great idea.

1 comment:

maryeh34 said...

Awwwwww come-on. I'm gunna have to give "trooper" lessons. :-)