Friday, October 3, 2008

A Sweet Relationship

Natalie and Luke are becoming better and better friends. They play together so nicely when Cooper is in school. Luke gets left out a lot of the time when Cooper and Natalie are playing, performing concerts and putting on a circus. Sometimes they let him in and he gets to be the dog or the ticket taker, depending on how generous they are feeling.

I was walking into the kitchen and I could hear Natalie talking up a storm. She said, matter of factly, "I'm making sandwiches for me and Luke." WHAT?!? I turn the corner and sure enough, she has all the makings of a peanut butter and cheese sandwich laid out right there on the floor. Yes, that's how I always make sandwiches...ON THE FLOOR! I thought it was sweet and endearing, however the OCD side of me just could not let her actually eat sandwiches that had every part of them touching the floor! I talked her into moving up on the stool and getting all new bread, cheese and utensils to use. I'm sure their immune systems are probably up to the challenge of eating off the floor, but I had to say no to that one! (I am trying to lighten up, but that is just too much for me!) Once she finished making the sandwiches, they both sat down with their creations and ate all of them while watching the tiny, little portable DVD player. At 9:05 in the morning.




















No comments: