Monday, October 13, 2008

A Day Off

I never really appreciated a random day off that the public school had---until today. How wonderful it was to NOT set the alarm clock and sleep until the last child woke me up. Nothing gets you out of bed faster than hearing, "Mommy? Mommy? I didn't mean to make a mess...mommy?" Yea, at that point I am running to see what spilled where. Nothing major, just 20 oz. of water. It cleaned up quite nicely without any permanent damage done. At that point my heart rate is into my cardio training zone!


Once I was up, the little ones decided to have a costume club. Oh yes, we had a pink Power Ranger, a Batman, a Red Power Ranger, a Kansas Cheerleader, a purple dragon and a very fluffy chicken. Pretty cute stuff, especially since Natalie is cheering on the dragon team (Luke) and he is running around and around the TV room while she screams cheers at him. After all that excitement, Natalie felt like calming down with a puzzle. She wanted me to help her (which translates into me doing most of it). It was a 100 piece Hello Kitty puzzle that only had 99 pieces. I did not have the energy or wherewithal to turn the house upside down looking for that ridiculously small piece.


After that major piddling around the house, I asked the younger two what they wanted to do. Natalie thought it would be super if she could pack her backpack full of toys and go to a park. UHMM, sure?!? After a few quick stops, we went to the Bicentennial Park and met Mother with Cooper. The kids played while I got a few moments to chit-chat with my mom, which was really nice. We do not get a chance to just talk very often, unless it is late at night or nap-time. I miss being able to just talk about things vs. when we talk during the day it is 'state your business and get the heck off the phone' because the kids are taking over the HOUSE!


No comments: