Saturday, October 25, 2008

Random Running

I went to watch Natalie play her soccer game this morning. This is quite a luxury, because John and I switch off on who gets to go. Therefore, I end up taking Cooper most of the time and having to miss Natalie's games.
They have quite a few extra girls on the team, so 4-5 have to sit out, I mean 'rest' each quarter. Natalie sat out the first quarter and played the rest of the game! She played forward and defense. I think defense may be her best bet, because she gets a little wore out chasing the ball all around when she plays forward. She is chasing the ball, that's for sure, but it is more like random running with a few bonus kicks thrown in for good measure. :>)

In the last 3-4 weeks she has really acquired some spunk in her game! She did a few 'feet sweeps' and aggressively went into a pack to get the ball from another girl. Wow! This is quite a different player than the last game I saw. I think she is coming into her own sports personality! She is still at the stage of 'I'm just going to kick it and watch it go' instead of kicking it and following the ball to get a follow up kick or score a goal. I'm sure that is a skill that is soon to come. She is doing phenomenal compared to last season and even earlier this season. I am so proud of her!!

Gram came to cheer for Natalie!
GO Team!!!

No comments: