Sunday, October 5, 2008

Dinner Guests

I wanted to invite a girlfriend over for dinner tonight and John thought that was a fantastic idea, because he would get to fire up the grill. (Yes, seriously!) I called her up to see if she would like to come over and bring the entertainment (her son). At that point I embarked on a 2 hour exercise that I like to call cleaning. It can be overwhelming at times, so I will stay in a state of denial. However, knowing someone is coming over, there can be no denial as to the sad state of the house. I talked the kids into cleaning their rooms because they were so EXCITED that Seric was coming over!! Yay for that! That freed me up to vacuum with my new vacuum cleaner (the only time vacuuming has ever been fun). I got the house remarkably presentable in that short of time. AND I didn't have to give up my nap...

Once they got here, the kids could not wait to let the games begin! They played outside with the pseudo-stomp rocket Aunt Autumn got Cooper for his birthday. I love it when they play outside! Gwen and I got to talk about things and nothing. It was great. A nice, peaceful evening watching the boys be boys. (Natalie was building her little pyramid and not interested in stomping a rocket into the troposphere.)
We had a great dinner. John grilled some fresh Alaskan salmon that he caught over the summer and it was wonderful. I mean wonderful. I am so spoiled when it comes to salmon and how it is prepared. WOW. After that, we topped it off with some good ol' Costco cake. What a pleasant way to spend a Sunday night!
Thanks for coming over, Gwen and Seric!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

April, I am so honored to be part of your blog. Wow!
And,
wow! What a dinner! The salmon was wonderful! John is an exceptional chef! And fisher type person :).
We had a blast. Thank you so much for inviting us. I love spontaneity! That's how my life works.
The energy of your home is so full of love. it was such a blessing for me to be there. If you ever need two babysitters, just call. I'm serious!
Love you guys, Thanks again,
Gwen