Friday, October 10, 2008

Cooper's Reward

Cooper is doing SO good in kindergarten. He has such good behavior (I am so thankful for that) while he is at school. He has not had his card changed AT ALL this year*. He tells me everyday which kid(s) DID get their card changed and what their infraction was. We talk about how disrespectful that particular behavior was and Cooper tells me how he would never do THAT!

I thought that we should reward him, so as to hopefully keep this trend going. I thought it would be fun to take Cooper to his favorite place: Putt-Putt. He LOVES Putt-Putt. I think I know why...the first time I took him to Putt-Putt, he got a hole-in-one. That was a big deal and is STILL a big deal! He now expects to get a hole-in-one every time he plays. That is a pretty high standard to maintain every time you go to play!

He did not get a hole-in-one, but we did have a good time. We took lots of pictures, on the zebras, tortoises, rhinos, mushrooms, even the hippo's mouth! (His request!) He really wanted to play some video games, so we went in to waste some dollars on the silly games. It is ridiculous how much they cost these days! There was one that was 8 tokens- that's $2 for 1 person to play one 2 minute game. Good grief! We racked up LOTS of tickets and turned them in for some Dollar Tree junk, I mean really fancy prizes! After that, we stopped at Sonic and I let Cooper come up to the front seat and sit there to eat his ever-so-late dinner. What a great time with him!

(*A color system, in which every child's card starts on green at the beginning of the day. If they misbehave, do not listen, do not obey, etc. the child had to change their card to a different color. Each color has a specific form of discipline attached to it: i.e. sitting in the thinking chair for 3 minutes, calling mom or dad to discuss the problem, trip to the principal's office, etc.)


No comments: