Monday, October 27, 2008

A New Favorite Thing

John bought me a Dyson. A purple Dyson vacuum cleaner. I never thought a vacuum cleaner could be so fun! I am a vacuuming fool these days! And let me tell you, it really works... good. It is amazing and appalling at the same time when I see how much stuff is sucked up into the cylinder. The stuff is a mixture of dust, lint, human hair, dog hair and who knows what else. Quite disgusting and fascinating!

I accidentally looked behind our headboard and could not believe what I saw. YIKES! It took me a while to figure out how I was going to tackle the problem, but the Dyson solved it. We raised up the mattress to flip it, then moved it completely off the bed. I then stood on the box springs (carefully) and pulled out the extension to the Dyson to suck up all the dust/lint/hair/web stuff. I had to empty the cylinder twice. ACKKK! Oh, as a side note, the Dyson does not appreciate a person using the extension to 'pick up' things. I would try to aim it for something to pick it up to hand it to myself, but it just screams "AHHHHHH!!!!!" and makes a sound like it will blow up any second. Nope, I have to bend down to pick up the nasty-covered things if I want them off the ground.

After I did all the vacuuming under our bed I got seriously domestic and switched the box springs. There is a twin one under my side and a twin one under John's side. I thought that they may need a break, so I switched them. I'm sure the one that came from John's side is now saying, "OOOh, nice!" and the one from my side is exclaiming, "WHAT! Come on! Give me a break!"

Now I am off to vacuum the baseboards and corners! Whoo-hoo!

1 comment:

R said...

nothing makes me happier than clean baseboards! :0)

~rhonda