Thursday, October 2, 2008

Exemplary Recognition

The school that Cooper attends was recognized tonight at a school board meeting for being exemplary. This is the highest honor that a school can attain for academics. The principal extended an offer to the PTA Executive Board, inviting us to come out to celebrate with the staff and faculty at the momentous event. There were 4 of us that came out to support our wonderful teachers. Each and every teacher received an individual congratulations from the board and a certificate. I tried to catch every one of them in a picture, but my camera seems to have a mind of its own at times. I can hold down the shutter and it just focuses, loses focus, focuses and then maybe it will take a picture. I sometimes whisper to it, begging it to just take the picture...that still does not work. I think I caught at least half of them, but it disappoints me to have missed so many. Oh well, it was televised, so it could be burned to a DVD for future use.

I LOVE this school; mainly because we have THE MOST AWESOME principal! She is the most professional and compassionate person that you would want to be the CEO of your child's school. I am her biggest fan!

No comments: