Saturday, October 25, 2008

Ms. Mary's Halloween Party

Mary has a party for the children every year. It's The Official Halloween Party to go to. Last year she had over 100 people there. Whoa! I did not count while I was taking pictures tonight, but there sure were a lot of people. Let me tell, you she doesn't just invite some folks over and call it a party. No, she sends out an e-vite a month or two before so those of us who have crazy busy schedules can make sure it has priority. She then does all the little stuff that I would never think of. She cleaned out her garage (with Jamie's help!) and put up black plastic table clothes, so people would not have to see all the 'stuff' that is normal to be in a garage.

For the party itself, she sets up tables with crafts to do! How about that? The kids absolutely love it, because they get to paint, glitter glue, color and make all sorts of fun things. She also rents a bounce house, which is always a big hit, for the kids to burn off a little candy energy. On the inside of the house, there is food every 1.5 meters. Seriously, you cannot switch rooms without encountering some different sweet, salty and/or otherwise delicious, tasty treat. Her media room was set up with the screen showing 'safe' cartoons for the kids who needed to calm down after all the excitement. (I found a few of mine in there taking a break from all the action.) And right as you are about to leave, the each kid gets a bag and fills it with tons of candy PLUS a special treat!
Here were some of the characters who showed up: a blind date, a Scooby-Doo, Sarah Palin (and husband in tow), a few skeletons, Popeye and Olive Oyle, some Longhorn players, cheerleaders and fans, some Dallas Cowboy players, cheerleaders and fans, a chick magnet, a Cat Who Ate the Canary, Pocahontas (me), a biker girl, a fall festival, a Winnie-the-Pooh, an escaped inmate, and a slew of superheros. The superheros were the most adorable: 2 year old Wonder Woman, a Supergirl (Natalie), Batman (Cooper), Incredible Hulk (Luke), a yellow power ranger, and a few others that I could not readily identify but did look like they could save the day if needed. Overall, a great turnout. I am sure even more showed up after we left, but the kids needed to be in bed, so we left right at 9pm. Lots of fun to wind down from!

2 comments:

maryeh34 said...

Official count for this year was 75. Good gracious... Love the pictures, and love you!! I'm glad ya'll came, as always, and I'm glad ya'll brought the cake. Although I'm going to have to bring ya'll some, or I'll be eating this for weeks. We can't let that happen!

Kirsten Foti said...

I am sorry that the kids and I did not get to be a big part of it this year.