Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Planting Flowers with Neighbors

We were playing outside today and noticed our neighbor our 'playing' as well. He was 'playing' in the dirt. Now, that is very interesting to the 3, 4 and6 year old children who's mommy does not let them play in the dirt. Turns out, he was actually planting flowers, but the fact that he was on the ground and digging in the ground was reason enough to go investigate his activities. We all headed across the street and they all 3 RAN as fast as they could to the flower bed he was working on. He probably regrets turning off his IPod, because they immediately starting bombarding him with a thousand questions:

What are you doing?
Are you planting a garden?
Are you digging too deep?
What about the fertilizer?
Why do you not like weeds?
Why do you not like grub worms?
Can I plant that?
Can I dig there?
Can I plant that one too?
Can I dig there?
Can I water the plants?
And on and on and on...
He was so patient to answer every question (somewhat accurately) and even got a chance to ask a few questions of his own. He let them dig with his hand spade, take the little flowers out of the plastic flower holder and put them into the ground. They planted 15-20 little plants. Really cute stuff, I must say! The whole time, I stood as if I were a government supervisor, making sure that too much dirt did not leave the premises. Everyone was pleased with the work that they had accomplished...now let's just hope that the flowers grow!

No comments: