Sunday, November 30, 2008

An Afternoon at Cabela's

Mary came over today after church to give John and I a few hours to go somewhere. That somewhere was CABELA'S. Can you imagine a more romantic place? Actually, we had a great time just being together without children. I have not been alone with him (without children in a 1000 foot radius) in at least 3 weeks. It was so nice to walk in the store, hold hands, chit-chat, finish a thought or two, and not have to say, "Stop it!", "I said NO!" or "If you hit your sister again you WILL sit in time-out!" We did not have to stop at the fish tank and talk about every fish, why it was so big, who caught it, who fed it, who was going to take it back to where it came from, or anything like that. We did not have to pull a wagon, pack snacks or bring sippy cups. Nope, we just walked in that store like 2 adults on a mission!
We went there to find a gun that would fit my hand and possibly look for a handgun for John. I expressed an interest in taking a Concealed Handgun class with Mary and John decided he wanted to take it also. Well, let me tell you, if there were 40 cars in the parking lot, then 38 of them were at the gun counter. Did I miss the memo? That is was officially Gun Grabbing Sunday? We finally got to speak to a very knowledgeable gentleman who gave us all the pertinent information we needed to make an educated choice amongst the abundant selection of firearms.

This was the only thing worth taking a picture of at Cabela's:





John said that they put that sign there for me. It does look inviting doesn't it?!?





Thanks for the afternoon with my hubby, Mary!

2 comments:

R said...

hey there! i get so excited when i learn about other girlfriends who shoot!

i have my concealed carry license. if you're going to do it, which i highly recommend, do it soon. there's been a huge backlog all year in anticipation of obama becoming president and the fear of what his administration might do with our rights to protect ourselves.

i've had my license for 5 years, and it's not up for renewal till this month. i took my renewal class in july because of the backlog--to get it done as early as possible--and i only got my new card about a month ago!

let me tell you...when i'm out alone with my children, i've never felt safer!

there's a place in grand prairie that my husband and i take our classes at if you are looking for recommendations.

~rhonda d.

Anonymous said...

Few hours at Cabela's -- sounds fantastic.