Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Bring on the Hairnets!

I happen to be coordinating 2 Thanksgiving Feasts at 2 different schools, that happen to be occurring on the SAME day and at the same time. That took some creative planning on my part once I realized the lack of a calendar check that I should have done before I committed myself. However, I think I have it figured out. I will drop Cooper off at his school, go home, grab the corn and head up to the preschool. Do what I need to do there and dash back to Cooper's school so I can eat with him (at 10:20), then serve food to the parents and kids until 12 noon. Then, head back to the preschool and help with the cleanup that starts around 12:15. Now mind you, I recruited over 20 people to help with each feast so the burden should not rely on my presence. I kind of put myself on each list as a bonus person. Delegate, delegate, delegate.
At Cooper's school, we had to have a little 'training' this afternoon. As I was walking in with Luke sleeping on my shoulder, one of the volunteers asked if we were going to get to wear hair nets. Hair nets? I had not really thought of that, but sounds like it could be a possibility. After our 5 minute training, the food service manager made mention of hairnets. I thought this cute little mom was going to jump out of her skin with excitement. That totally made her day! "Hairnets, we get to wear HAIRNETS! WHOO-HOO! I love hairnets!"
Seriously, I thought she was joking, but no, she was ecstatic about the hairnet-wearing opportunity. Personally, I think she missed her calling...

Also, you better believe I will have my camera and there will be pictures taken of the volunteers in their most-fancy hairnets!

No comments: