Friday, November 7, 2008

Zoo Trip with Out-of-Towners

Everyone is coming into town for John's milestone birthday this weekend. My mom-in-law arrived last night in addition to my sister and brother-in-law and their 2 darling girls. As this morning's entertainement, we went to the zoo. We (my sister-in-law and her 2 daughters) met my mom-in-law and her brother and his wife at the Fort Worth Zoo. It was pretty fun to walk around with folks that really appreciate the zoo! I know quite a bit about this zoo because I frequent it quite often. (Probably over 75 times in the last 5 years?) They seemed to think I knew everything, which is not true, but they believed I did. They called me their personal tour guide... flattering I must say.



The funniest part of the excursion was when we went to the 'Barn' to play, the kids all started taking off their shoes, lickety-split so they could get to climbing, jumping, running, etc. Uncle Frank sat down and started taking his shoes off too! At first I thought he just wanted to air out his feet, then I realized that he thought everyone who entered had to take their shoes off. I told him he could put his shoes back on and we both had a good laugh! :>)

No comments: