Friday, November 28, 2008

Cooper's Writings

We received Cooper's report card along with a packet of 'writings' that he has been working on for the first 12 weeks. The page has a huge box on top (to draw a picture) and then 3 lines for the child to write a sentence about what is happening in the box. At the very bottom, there are 12 things that they are 'evaluated' on, whether they were able to include in their writing sample. Here are some of his sentences:
9/3/08 Me Ses B U yellow J = My sister got stung by a yellow jacket.

9/7/08 I w s u w f = I was star of the week first.
9/9/08 I gt a gl I soley = I got a goal in soccer.
9/15/08 I rd me bk wkd = I rode my bike this weekend.
9/17/08 Airplane = I rode on an airplane.

9/25/08 I W Pt M B C = I was painting Mrs. B's cross.
9/27/08 I Wht to: Me budr = I went to my brother's party.
9/30/08 NATALIE W M A M = Natalie was mad at me.
10/28/08 I am s t mn = I am a spiderman.

11/4/08 I wint Tick-or-tet in mi nabhd = I wnet trick or treting in my neighborhood.
11/5/08 I am goi to the book fer = I am going to the book fair.
11/6/08 Mi gammther is cumi on friday = My grandmother is coming on Friday.


***11/11/08***Not much translation needed here. (I think it is funny that he has a smile on his face and his opponent has a sad face!) Here it is:
Not bad for a kindergartener!

No comments: