Sunday, November 23, 2008

Six Words

When people say that God told them this or God said that I always wondered what exactly they heard. Did they hear an audible voice? What did the voice sound like? Did the voice have an accent? You know, all sorts of curious questions about how God sounds if someone is going to be so bold as to say that God talked to them.

In 2000, I felt God talk to me. This is the only time I have ever felt God talk to me. Notice that I did not say I heard God. No, I felt it. I felt it as real as any voice I have every heard. Here is what happened:

I had been struggling with an issue that was very close to my heart. Praying about it daily and finding no solution. I was addressing it as best as I could, but I was not coming up with any answers to my MANY questions. I was driving down I-20, heading west and approaching the Spur 408 merge/split off. (Driving and running are my favorite praying times.) It was there, as I was driving 60 mph, that I felt God say,

"It's not wrong, it's just different."

This is as clear right now, this very moment, as it was over 8 years ago. It was right then that I was done worrying about the issue that had been laying on my heart so heavily for so long. I still find comfort in those 6 words when I find myself revisiting the same issue...

No comments: