Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Playing the Wii

It is pretty bad when your parents are more in-the-know about technology stuff than you are. Yes, that's right, my mom has a Wii. Yes, my kids have to go to Gram and Grandad's house to play a video game. I did not even know what a Wii was until a year ago. Not that I need anything else to manipulate my time. My mom put on the bowling game tonight for me and kids to play. Though I doubt the accuracy of the bowling motion, it does make a difference in your score if you position the line just right and how level you hold the remote when you release the 'B' button. The fact that I got a strike only after I did all these things correct could make one think that it is somewhat accurate. The kids bowled pretty decently, though they did make some handsome gutter ball a few times. Overall, that is a fun game!

After the bowling, Luke really wanted to play t-ball with the Wii. Umm, newsflash: there is NO t-ball with the Wii. At least not on my mom's Wii. Luke settled for playing baseball and could not figure out if he liked the batting part or the pitching part best. Halfway into the game, Natalie decided she wanted to play too, so Gram gave her the remote that she had been using. I got to sit back and watch Luke pitch an imaginary ball to Natalie so she could hit it with an imaginary bat. Oh, it was cute as anything. The picture does not do it justice...

No comments: