Sunday, November 23, 2008

Slumber Party at Ms. Mary's

After I ran, Mary had invited us over for dinner and let the kids watch a movie. Since their nap lasted until 4:45, I figured they were not going to be so keen on going to bed at 7:30. Right as we were loading up, Mary called and suggested a slumber party. SURE! Why not? The kids thought that was a most excellent idea and jumped out of the car, ran in to put on their pajamas and pack their little bags. I packed my pajamas because I feel a little weird about driving in pajamas, there is something wrong with that.


We had a nutritious dinner that included mac and cheese (with queso in it, yum, yum!), yogurt and an apple. The kiddos had eaten 5 nuggets each at home before we left, so I think they were pretty full! After taking some fun pictures, Mary pitched them a fort, unrolled 2 sleeping bags and made them the cutest little sleeping area at the foot of the bed that I was going to sleep in. After Luke started crying I put both of them in the bed that I was now going to share, and thought they could go to sleep within minutes. No such luck. Natalie started to cry (???) and Luke did not want to be in the bed with her anymore. (Cannot blame him!) I found a twin size bed for him to sleep in and he was asleep before I left the room. Natalie procrastinated shutting her eyes for another half hour before she gave in to sleepy-time.

I had fun getting to actually talk about numerous random things that we might not get to talk about otherwise. (My kids never let me have a complete conversation on the phone or in person if they are within 50 feet of me!) It is so nice to be able to sit and chit-chat with your girlfriend!

1 comment:

maryeh34 said...

Hey, I had fun too! Enjoyed the visit. I'm telling you, Luke has some kind of shoe/foot fetish. He wants everyone to have their shoes and socks off at all times. He's a foot nudist. Maybe he'll be a podiatrist, or he'll invent incredibly comfortable shoes that make you feel like you are barefoot :-) Love you guys!!