Thursday, November 13, 2008

Christmas Pictures - Round I

We took our 'official' Christmas pictures today. The one that will be on our mantle for the upcoming year. It is quite an ordeal: scheduling it around all the activities of our family, picking out matching clothes for 5 people, getting everyone ready and actually showing up. All before the exercise of taking the pictures. For these reasons, I have to be selective on when I ask John to take pictures with us, as a family. He grows weary of all the picture-taking quite quickly. I try to limit asking him to be in the picture to 3 times a year. Other times I just take the kids on my own and keep the misery to myself.

I think this is the earliest that we have taken pictures for Christmas. I usually wait until the last minute, at the end of November, to do it. Then I do not get the pictures back in time to do anything substantial with and have all these pictures and cannot send them out. I thought I had really beaten the clock this time, but I think I still missed it by a week! The pictures will not be back until the 25th, which is 4 days too late. Oh well, I'll get it right one of these years. Maybe someday it will not take the studio ~2 weeks to get the pictures to the store. I think that is ridiculous, but I'm not running the show.

No comments: